From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 06:14:42 -0900
I feel like I'm losing them left and right!  Last month BooBoo died, now
Rascal.  Rascal was another silver-mitt.  He was only about 3 years old.  I
found him in the bottom of the cage acting funny, so I gave him some corn
syrup on his gums and isolated him to see what he would do.  He was very
dehydrated, so I force fed him water until he refused it.  This happened at
10:00 at night.  I got up several times to try feeding and watering him; at
7:00 am he started throwing up whatever I gave him, no matter what it was,
so at 9:00 (when the vet opened) I took him out there.  He was pretty much
a limp bundle by then, and they kept him all day.  By 3:00 pm he had not
improved and had started to decline, so we decided to put him to sleep.
The necropsy showed that he had a small pancreatic tumor.

I would swear that the day before he had seemed fine!  He went downhill so
fast.  He was a sweet boy who loved to bounce around when he was let out of
the ferret room.

I'll miss him very much.

Melanee Ellis
Juneau, Alaska