From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2004 09:07:00 -0400
Hi, My hob Nexus still has his winter coat and it has been warm in the
N.E.  Last year he lost it late too, so I have to make sure I put the
A/C on even if I don't feel it's hot enough, because I know he will be
more comfortable.  He is one-half Swedish and his fur is a bit longer
than regular ferrets.  I don't understand why the warmer weather doesn't
induce the shedding process.  I brush him just about every day, but the
undercoat is not coming out.  I don't think he lost the winter coat until
July last year.  Because of the heavy coat, I have to be more careful at
what times I take him outside.  He always wants to go outside, but
doesn't understand when I tell him it's too warm out there for him.  His
hair is about 2" long down his back.  He is beautiful but he really
doesn't need all that heavy hair now.  Anyone else have a ferret who
sheds too late?

Moxie and Nexus, the champion food stasher