From:
"Giuliani, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 07:45:01 -0600
Hi,

I have a chocolate named Charlie Brown that has been acting a little
strange lately.  A few weeks ago one of my guys, Snow, passed on to the
rainbow bridge, liver cancer that had spread throughout his abdomen even
after surgery to remove one of his lobes that had a tumor on it.... My
question is can a ferret get depressed over the loss of another one and how
long will it usually last.  Charlie has been the father figure for all my
little ones over the years.  He has always stayed with the sick ones to
keep them warm and constantly groomed them when they were feeling ill...but
since my little Snow has passed, when ever Charlie comes upstairs he goes
to the last place Snow was before he passed and lays down and sometimes
even curls up and goes to sleep...he even seems to get this look of sadness
in his eyes.  He will play for a little bit but then goes back to the rug
and "hangs out" there...Is he depressed over the loss of Snow or could it
be something else?  He does have an enlarged spleen and has had an enlarged
spleen for most of his life...I have an appt with the vet on Wednesday
(10-4) for his annual shots and check up but wanted any opinions of any
other potential problems that I could bring up to the vet.

Thanks

Marc Giuliani