From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:51:08 -0500
<http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20100304/NEWS/100309882/1070&ParentProfile=1058>

The article begins:
>A Beverly Hills plastic surgeon took the first step last week toward
>helping a Carson City woman get back the face she lost 24 years ago
>to a ferret.

It's about that neglect(abuse?) case in which a baby had her face
damaged almost a quarter century ago, the one that get regularly
repeated all over the place.

(and since she was a month old at the time it can be guaranteed that
the ferret had nothing to do with the breast augmentation she is also
getting)

Anyway, it is not her fault so don't beat up on her, but good press for
ferrets given how some may react might be needed to counteract it.

Parents should never leave ANY domestic animals unattended with babies
and small children, especially for a long length of time (and just
imagine with their little mouths how long this took without the adults
coming to intervene -- it is chilling).

She says:
>Since sharing her story, Bowers said she has heard a lot of criticism
>from people thinking she hates ferrets.
>
>"A lot of people are unhappy. I don't hate ferrets. I'm not like a
>ferret hater," she said. "Although I would have the right, you know."

So, she sounds like someone with a kind heart.

As a young adult I had a friend whose face was partly reconstructed due
to damage from a dog when she was a young child, BTW. We've lost touch
in the decades between now and then.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/