From:
meryl faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:45:53 -0700
I too was puzzled/surprised that a new giving tree had been
inaugurated. I was actually worried that something had happened to
Kris. I did not remember anything about his deciding to quit doing
the giving tree setup. I even looked online to see if I'd missed an
announcement of some illness or problem.

I suppose if it was an actual website being taken over it would be a
copyright issue. I guess the fact that Kris had a sentence "use this
button to spread the word about the giving tree" gives anyone the right
to make their own tree and use that button? However, it seems strange
(discourteous even - but then I'm originally British and was brought up
to be polite even if I didn't want to be) for someone to just up and
duplicate an effort out of the blue without notifying the originator
of the Giving tree. Guess there could be ten ferret givingtree sites
out there. Could get confusing. In addition, does the new Giving tree
organizer know how much work is involved? I notice she seems to
indicate that shelters will post their own pictures and stories, did
Kris do that for the shelters previously? I would hate to see a new
setup go bust part way through the season because of someone's
inexperience.

Meryl