From:
Dawn Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:30:13 EDT
I've been reading this list for quite some time and have considered
myself very fortunate that I had not had to post that any of my babies
had passed.  I consider myself especially lucky because I tend to take in
the old and the sick.  I took Storm and his pal Fury in about 11 months
ago.  They had been found wandering around the city.  We have a lot of
colleges here and a great many pets are dumped at the end of the
semester.

I have never had 2 better behaved ferrets.  The vet suspected they were
on the older side, about 5.  Fury was diagnosed with insulinoma (and he
continues to do wll with treatment) but Storm was always healthy.  His
BGs were always normal and he was always a robust and flirtacious man!!
He had a minor coughing fit last night, nothing that startled me but I
had planned to take him into work (I work at an animal hospital) if he
continued to cough.  This morning at "medicine time" he was curled up in
his hammock already gone.  The doctor and I are suspecting (and hoping)
that it was his heart (and that it was quick).  I know a necropsy would
be the best thing for me to do but it's just not in the cards for me
financially and the doctor truly doesn't think it was anything
contagious.

Dawn