Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 07:29:51 +0000
Keith W. wrote
>I have gotton mixed answers on whether or not it is safe to feed your
>fuzzie raw meat.  One said never feed them it because it has harmful
>bacteria and other things in it that there digestive sytem can't handle.
>But another one said sure it's ok to feed them raw meat.

I am sure the answers from the FML were wide ranged but I can assure you
that no one tried to confuse you and are only offering their personal
opinion as I will, we offer our options and then let you make a personal
choice although I am sure some wouldn't mind telling you what to do.

Why raw meat?  I remember when I was a kid my dad fed my Germen Shepard raw
meat and the reason I was given was that the dog was a hunter and a Guard
dog, I know today that I can feed my dogs many different kinds of kibble and
wet feeds that they can thrive on so I prefer not to pay the extra cost.

I guess when I got my first ferrets and it was time to find a feed I just
wanted to know that they had a well balanced diet and would do well on what
I could find in my area, I don't often find myself in the kitchen wondering
if I should put a couple scraps of raw food away for my fuzzies because they
do so well on the balanced diet of (ferret feed) I give them so I figure why
think about the raw meat option at all.

Have fun and enjoy them fuzzbutts