Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 10:00:28 -0700
Our Pixel was quite a sneaky snapper when we first got her.  She was of the
lick lick lick BITE school of human tasting, but not a toe nipper.  She
liked to climb into bed and lick between our fingers and then chomp down of
the tender webbing between the thumb and index.

The way I dealt with this was to sink her level.  If she bit me too hard or
tried to lock on I would either pinch the scruff of her neck, or even BITE
HER on the scruff just until she would make her 'WrrrWrrrWrrr" distress
call.  I woud then let go, bear my teeth at her and go "HISSST."

I would only do this when she bit down painfully hard, so she has learned
that it is OK to nibble, but locking on is bad, and that you always let
sleeping human lie.

Brad