From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 10:50:33 -0700
Hi.  I'm so happy this discussion is taking place.  I patronize two feed
stores in town (one very close; the other, a ferret shelter/food store
combined that's far away but great).  The close one is a "natural" food
store and carries L'Avian ferret chow, which we used to feed ours.  We
switched to Totally Ferret to enhance the chances of great health through
old age for our eight fur kids.  We mix TF with high quality kitten chows,
though from what I've been reading I'll work to make IAMS a high choice.

Something has bothered me about the natural, close store for some time.
The owner, who likes to listen and try new products, has continued to
carry the horrid Sun Seed ferret food, which, though it's upped its fat (I
think) recently is still way too low in one of fat or protein (don't have
the box in front of me but remember being shocked).

When I pointed this out to the, normally, open owner, she said she continues
to carry it for ONE ferret owner whose ferret will eat NOTHING else.  Argh,
argh, argh!!!

So, now, I've got something to bring in - a print out of todays food
messages in the FML - to show her.  I hope it helps.  I may tell her this
time that if she continues to carry that food (and it is low, low in I
believe fat) I will shop at her store only as a last resort and when she has
free coupons, and will not recommend it until she takes responsiblity for
her ferret food lines.

Oh, I'm preachy this gray Sunday morn in Seattle!

Take care and hugs to each (that's all) sweet fuzzies out there...

Lynn Mc. and the fuzzy Gang of 8 (never forgetting the sweet Schroedee and
Squeeks... Somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge)