From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:43:00 -0500
I think I'm going to enter Champ and Blaze in the LOS show in central
Florida in April.  I'm not sure how to classify Champ and thought I would
get some expert opinions.

The breeder called Champ a cinnamon but I've never seen a reddish tint to
him (even in the sunlight).  I think he more closely resembles a chocolate.
Here are the definitions they use:

Chocolate: brown with cream to wheaten undercoat.  Legs, tail, and banded
mask darker than body.

Cinnamon: red, ruby or dark eyes with coal color from deep reddish brown
to light reddish tint; with or without a mask.

The closest picture I can find that you can look at is on the cover of
Modern Ferret Issue #10.  Maybe Mary or Eric can enlighten me.

Also, Champ lost 2-3" of his tail either during or shortly after birth.
Is this considered a handicap?

OK, you show judges, jump in and help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Katharine