From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:51:25 -0400
I saw this too..and was tempted to get one but then I remembered that about
four years ago I had a friend who had gotten his first ferret kit.  Lilith
was a very small little girl and ferretproofing was almost impossible
because she could fit into such small spaces.  I brought over one of the
large roll around balls (made for guinea pigs I think..much bigger than a
hamster ball) thinking that at least she could roam safely in the ball and
get more exercise.  She HATED the ball.  You can't war dance in it, you
can't hide or jump or chase very well in it.  Lilith figured out right away
how to make us take her out of the ball....potty time!

I think we used it all of twice..and that was it.  Maybe having a great BIG
ball like this for very small ferrets might be fun, but since ferrets
aren't happy just running on an exercise wheel like hamsters (who probably
don't like the wheel much either) I'm thinking it's probably not that much
fun.  I'd love to hear if someone buys one and their ferrets are having a
good time with it though.

Robynn and the Fearsome Foursome