From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:48:32 -0500
>I read about a ferret mom that was having a hard time keeping a collar on
>her fuzzy.  I had that same problem with Zoie.  I couldn't keep one on
>him for anything!!!!!  So I got a ferret harness that came with a nametag
>and a bell and a 10 foot leash.  I think that I paid 15.00 for it.  I am
>very glad that I got it!!!  No matter how hard Zoie tries, he can't get
>it off!!!!

This sounds like a good solution for walking a ferret, but just a word of
caution: You don't want to leave an inescapable harness on your ferrets
when they are unsupervised (in the cage or running around the house).
You WANT them to be able to get out of their collar if it gets hung up on
something, for their own safety.

My ferrets know that they are in "stealth mode" after losing a collar;
they will try to sneak out the door or into forbidden rooms because they
know I can't hear them.  Smart little buggers!

Nancy and critters