From:
Talanthas Gileyene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:58:35 -0500
Hello all, I haven't posted in quite some time, but here I am again with a
question!

Has anyone whistle trained their ferrets?  I take mine outside alot, every
day if I can... and my human whistle only carries so far and I can only
do it so loud.  If I had a small shrill whistle, or a sub-human-hearing
whistle (aka a dog whistle), I could call them from long distances should
for what ever reason they get away from me.

Has anyone done the training with a whistle?  I know how to implement the
training, its more a matter of will the ferrets respond to it?  Secondly,
does anyone know the threshold of hearing for ferrets, would a dog whistle
be effective?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

- Talanthas

p.s.  please send a copy of your replies to my address at
[log in to unmask] as well as the list (if you desire to), my list
delivery has been sporadic and I don't want to miss any replies!