From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:34:54 -0700
This is the first real year without my mom..  And I missed her so very
much this holiday..  She loved Christmas.  She would start shopping and
get her two daughters shopping by July!  Without her this year we were
all struggling to get things done.

As long as I kept busy I was fine..  which with a full time job and a
shelter and fuzzies of my own it was pretty easy..

I hope everyone had a good holiday and hope that this finds everyone
doing well.  for those with sick fuzzies or fuzzies that have crossed
over.  my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Last year on Christmas Eve we had to help Rocky cross over to the bridge.
last year really sucked!  We had 7 ferrets pass, and my mom and Shawns
dad..  This year only 2 so far.  and hoping to keep it that way!

Bugz is now at 2.03 pounds!  He still looks old.  but hay.  12+ years
old now I guess we can't complain!  He's just an old guy..  He's also
Princess Peppers Fuzzy Daddy.  Her Fuzzy mom is actually here for a visit
too.  We are boarding her and her cagemate over the holidays.  but no.
they don't get along with Bugz or Pepper.  Pepper tries to hurt her.
that's why we adopted Flower out.  She is the smallest ferret I have
seen.  She's about 8 years old and is 10 inches long..  13 inches with
her tail!  Yep!  SMALL!

Our adrenal and insulinomic boy Zues is doing good.  He's even growing
some hair!  Gotta love winter!  Our other adrenal girl Nibbles is doing
fine.  Chris found out the other day how hard she bites!  He took her
out of her sleep sack instead of letting her come out on her own.  well
if you do that she gets moody and will bite.  just to let you know she
wasn't ready to wake up!

We did get in a new girl.  Had to purchase her from the pet store.  She
had been there for almost 2 months and was a bad biter..  They were using
gloves with her..  I understood why when we held her.  but still!  We
took her home and let her run around without handling her too much for
the first 2 days.  then started.  and you can now pick her up with her
only mouthing your arm or hand.  Still working on face (Shawn has a nice
long scar on his nose thanks to her) and legs and toes :-)

Princess Pepper will have a post for you all tomorrow..so keep your eyes
open!

Joanne
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz