From:
Skyla Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:47:25 -0500
It seems like lots of people got angry about the person who gave mice to
his/her(?) ferrets.  The point being that mice are animals too, and that:

>There are foods made, and vitamin supplements given to make sure that a
>full diet is given to my ferrets.  I love all animals and I WOULD NEVER
>NEVER NEVER FEED MICE TO MY FERRETS

First off,

The mice were already dead, as I recall.  Whoever it was that warned about
possible toxicities of lab mice had a very good point, but aside from that,
assuming the animals were safe for consumption, why shouldn't they be?
Wouldn't that be better than just throwing them away?  Maybe I'm crazy,
but at least if they wind up back in the food chain that would give their
deaths some kind of purpose.  To me, anyway.

And it's been said many many times here: anyone who objects to feeding
their ferrets animal flesh--what the heck do you feed your own ferrets?
Have you ever read the ingredients on a bag of TF or Marshalls, or
8-in-1???

To say that it's acceptable to feed your ferrets fish or chicken products,
but not mouse product strikes me as very hypocritical.

Just my $.02,
skyla