From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:32:49 -0800
Good Morning All,
My Thoughts and Prayers to all those whom have lost a Fuzzy or Animal
recently, and to all those Fuzzy's and Animals who aren't feeling well.

In regards to Milk Thistle, I just recently have given my Fuzzy Joey milk
thistle because his liver enzymes were extremly high.  I gave it to him
for a month and then took him back to my vet to have his blood work done
again and Lo and Behold his enzymes were back to normal :-)

This is how I gave it to him, I used the liquid milk thistle alcohol free
of course (we wouldn't want a drunk Fuzzy now would we LOL) I mixed 3
drops in 10cc's of duck soup and fed it to him in a syringe.  I did this
twice a day for a month.  I happen to work at WholeFoods Market in the
nutrition department and know a little about herbs.  My vet wanted to put
Joey on antibiotics also but I didn't want to mix the milk thistle with
the antibiotic.

Of course my Vet doesn't believe in any alternative meds and so when he
checked his enzymes again and they were back to normal I asked him if he
thought that maybe it was the milk thistle that helped and his reply was
Lets Not Go There (LOL)!!!  Don't get me wrong my Vet is an EXCELLENT Vet
and specializes in ferrets only he just doesn't believe in Altrnative
Medicine which is his right most Vets don't.  I got the dosage from a
good friend of mine who uses milk thistle on all of her Ferrets that is
in need of it.

I think liquid milk thistle much better then the dry and is more
absobable and easier to work with.  Hope this has helped you some-what

Dawn and my 5 BRATS :-)