From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:46:27 -0400
This is to all ferret owners in Virginia and anyone who likes to write
letters:

I need your help.  The state of Virginia, in its infinite wisdom, has
decided that ferrets are wild animals and must be destroyed, regardless of
vaccination history in any case where a ferret has bitten a human(and that
means even if the skin is NOT BROKEN!).  This statement was made to me by
Mr.  Frank Scanlon, Environemental Health Director, of the city of Virginia
Beach.  As you all know, four ferrets were destroyed and tested for rabies.
the tests, of course, came back negative.  I need everyone with a PC to
write a letter to the city and to the state health department, as well as
our beloved state representatives to stop this.  The address for the city
is: (name your department, Mayors office, Health department, etc) Municipal
Center, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.  Let them know how you feel about their
policy of differential treatment and what you think they should do.
According to Mr.  Scanlon, they will not quarantine a ferret, PERIOD.  Help
me to help the furries!  I can't do this alone!  If you need more
information, I will be searching the internet for the email addresses of our
representatives.  I hope to have that soon.

BTW BIG, I've been around and receiving my ferret lists-please dont kick me
off again!

thanks for letting me blow steam.

Lisa