From:
BELMONT COUNTY RACEWAY PARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:12:12 -0500
Hi Guys,

A while back I posted about Wiggles.  She has had problems with nutrition
and diarrhea ever since she had ECE last Summer.  Some of my other guys
have reaccuring outbreaks also.

In January our vet did blood work on her and said she had a chronic
infection of some kind (duh).  I didn't need to pay over a hundred dollars
to know that.  Anyway, the vet wasn't interested in pursuing it so I took
Wiggles to a more ferret knowledgeable vet about 2 hours away.  He is
treating her for camplyobacter and using the drug Chloramphenicol Calmitate.
He suggests that I treat all of my ferrets for it.

Anyone ever use this drug before of deal with campylobacter?  I can't find
too much info on it and would appreciate hearing from you.

The vet I use here refused to help me get enough medication to treat all my
guys and said this drug causes blood dysplasia and he won't use it because
he mostly treats "food animals".  This guy is the best our area has to offer
and he isn't very good.  Any ferret knowledgeable vets out there interested
in setting up practice around the Wheeling, West Virginia area?  All of us
ferret owners could sure use you.

Barb and all our fuzzies