From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:47:33 -0700
Someone wrote recently that adrenal tumors can begin forming long before
symptoms present.  Was that you Partricia?  I'm wondering if this it true.
I asked my vet if it was feasable for him to peek at my jills adrenals
during her spay.  She's not showing any symptoms but I thought I'd read that
any time surgery is done on a ferret it's a good idea to look at the
adrenals (that if the surgery is near the adrenals) for any sign of tumors.

My vet said that he always tries to get in and out as quickly as possible
during surgery and that adrenals are tiny and usually a tumor couldn't be
viewed prior to the presentation of symtoms.

Could someone clear this up??  Dr. Dutton?

By the way, I wonder where Drs. Williams and Weiss have sallied off to?
Does anyone know?

Thank you.

By the way, the swollen nodes I noticed at neck, armpit and kneepad
locations (right after delivery of her kits) did turn out to be fat pads!
She's lithe, firey, and spayed now.

Thanks!

Lynn Mc.