From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:50:35 -0500
Kansas had a snow storm on Thursday and what a nice surprise for the
ferrets! A friend came up to shovel off the flat top of the enclosure
for me, and I shoveled snow into the enclosure for the ferrets to play
in. The enclosure has a wire and screen top with a black sun netting
over the wire that prevents snow from falling in, so when I want the
ferrets to have fun in snow I have to shovel it into the enclosure.
Trying to shovel in snow is a bit challenging with ferrets running
around but this time all were snuggled up warm in the house so I was
able to get a nice little pile ready for them.

First into the snow pile was Zeke. He bounced and tunneled and dug to
his hearts content. Next was an albino, either Kaal or Baal. By the
time the roof was cleared, about 30 minutes, and I was ready to go back
in, those two boys were still playing in the snow pile and had been
joined by two more. Athena (dog) ran in to join the fun. She's like
a bull in a china closet so when she joins in the ferret games, the
ferrets head for the nearest tunnel or under the nearest cage!

Everyone slept soundly last night! There's still snow in the enclosure
today but it is packed down solid!

Note to self: DON'T put a flat roof on an enclosure in snow country!!!!

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org