From:
Kim Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 12:39:11 -0500
Kari Knutson,

Re: Maggots - Something I havent read so far from others...Does your ferret
have fleas?  Those maggots may be flea larvae because thats what they look
like first.  If you think it is you'll have to get busy - NOW- before they
hatch and start multiplying.  It happened to me once, Im sorry to admit - I
thought it had something to do with the food bowl too.  We had a horrible
time getting rid of them ( and I DID and still do clean my fuzzies cage
twice a day ).  Besides aggressively treating the entire apartment with
bombs, powders, and sprays (after removing the ferret from the premises)
something else that helped lessen the chance of it ever happening again was
getting the cage off the floor and up on a table.

Re: The point of subscribing to Modern Ferret - is to - #1 get a discount
off the newsstand price and #2 that you dont have to GO to the store to get
it.

Kim Black and Valentine - missing Tizz - but staying busy with 12 week old
new baby "Little Man".  Boy, I'd forgotten how much babies eat and poop!