Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:24:11 -0700
>It is up to them if they chose to; it's not my place to divulge the
>lives of others -- just not right to do that, esp. in a public forum.

This is absolutely unacceptable.  I find it hard to believe that ANY
responsible, TRUE ferret lover would have ANY issue with you disclosing
such information.  Especially considering it "may" prevent any further
"losses".  It only leads me to believe one thing - your claims are
scientifically unfounded and cannot be proven.  And yet YOU'RE the
one who made the claim in a "public forum" that there has been these
losses.....If ferrets are dying from a drug that is so widely used, then
people should be shouting it out from a mountain-top.....never mind
"personal".......

>The worst situations I recall reading about involved ferrets with
>complications.  Now, ones with complications sometimes are too sick to
>be helped by Lupron, anyway, or can need additional meds.

So, what was the deciding factor that it was in fact the LUPRON that
caused these deaths?  Was it a licensed veterinarian that came to this
conclusion, or is it pure speculation?  Was Dr. Snyder ever notified of
these losses???

No Sukie, this isn't a matter of "taking sides".  Lupron seems to be a
topic of discussion on both the FHL and FML on a regular basis.  And if
someone implies ferrets have been lost by one of the formulations, I want
to know who, what, where, when and why.  THAT WAY, when the time comes
that I need to make a decision - I will be as prepared as possible to
make the RIGHT one.  Lupron use (any form) in ferrets is not being
properly documented and disclosed for public use.  I know there's been
a few studies done, but overall information is lacking.  Therefore,
there is no way in knowing 100% how many are dying or getting worse,
and from which formulation.  For example, you and I both know that not
all cases of ferrets dying from Fervac-D have been reported to the
proper authorities.  So how can ANYONE assume that ANY form of Lupron
is safe??????  None of these formulations are even licensed for use in
ferrets, let alone proven safe beyond a shadow of a doubt.  There are
always risks with ANY medication.  I've never heard of a medication
being guaranteed to be side-effect free.  Human or otherwise.

I'm still waiting for my questions to be answered.  None of them have
been.