From:
diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:33:28 -0400
[Moderator's note: As promised, here is the response allowed to the
Killians.  Let's take any bickering off-list now please.  BIG]

>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Response to Killians - LEAVE ME ALONE
>Here we go again!  I am responding to this post because some very serious
>accusations have been made by the Killians.  I am tired of this and it
>is really too bad they wont leave me alone, as I have requested NUMEROUS
>times).  They have been instructed not to email me directly (by the
>Bellevue police) so they have chosen the FML as their forum to continue
>their harassment.

You continue to level charges at us claiming harassment, however, in this
you are sadly mistaken.  You are the one who continues your attacks on us,
especially when you respond to a responsive post we've made to somebody
else entirely.  You have been the one who attacks us either by name,
directly or through your insinuations.  We are merely responding to your
charges.  Lately you've been repeatedly trying to justify your actions by
indicating that the Bellevue police have somehow been supporting what you
say.  Having talked to many of the officers, lieutenants and in fact the
heads of several departments there, we can assure you we know what they
said to you and we're afraid you've badly misconstrued their words and
intent.

>Danielle: Hmmm...where in my post do I specify that this Manager was
>someone in sales?  NOT!  You are again jumping to conclusions that are
>majorly wrong!

If you would please take the time to read our post you will see that you
misconstrued what was said.  We never said the Manager was in sales.  Bill
put in an example of his own office and stated that the folks in the sales
division where he works aren't aware of everything going on in other
divisions, within the same company.

>Then again, you claim you have a contact at Marshall Farms that assures
>you of breeding practices being humane yet several times you have been
>asked to produce their name and title, but you don't.  How interesting
>this is.  The person I spoke with, had never heard of you.

For the record we have many contacts at Marshall Farms and no, we do not
feel obligated to reveal their names and titles.  It is not surprising that
the person you spoke to hadn't heard of us.  We don't know everyone at
Marshall Farms, it's a large organization after all.  Our knowledge of the
personnel there doesn't go far enough down the corporate ladder for us to
know all the managers.

>Oh boy, "Faked" Marshall ferrets?  Ha, ha, ha.  That is too funny!  I am
>sure that there are people in Washington running around with felt tip pens,
>putting dots in ferrets' ears just so that people think they are from
>Marshall Farms.  After all, this sure would make the ferrets more valuable
>(not).  This statement had me rolling, how ludicrous!

Apparently your research into Marshall Farms has been sadly lacking.
There are many instances throughout the country of less than scrupulous
companies, breeders, etc.  having tattoos on ferrets in an attempt to pass
them off as Marshall Farms ferrets.  This practice has been going on for
quite some time and we're surprised you haven't heard of it.  Because of
this practice, Marshall began to add other identifying marks in order to
protect themselves.

>Danielle: This does not surprise me since Kim probably does not tell you
>everything, as she would like to remain neutral.  More than likely, in my
>opinion, she does not discuss her exchanges with me to you because she
>fears you will chastise her...

You are correct only in your assumption that Kim doesn't tell us everything.
There is no need for us to exchange conversations about every single phone
call or email that any of us receive.  However, we can guarantee that she
doesn't fear any sort of chastisement from us.  And yes, we are aware of
your dealings with her.

>Danielle: Perhaps "stock" was the wrong word.  I meant the ferrets they
>produce.  You would be hard-pressed to find a shelter who COMPLETELY
>disagrees with this statement.  I specified "most" not all.

You are still saying the same thing here ('stock' vs.  'ferrets they
produce').  Your statement is just too far-fetched to be believed.  For
example, if say Marshall were to have 5,000 kits available in a given year,
1% of that amount would be 50 ferrets.  This is just for one year.  Can you
name a single shelter that has taken in 50 Marshall Farms ferrets (all 50
of which are born in the same year)?  Obviously 1% doesn't come close to
being 'most' of Marshall Farms ferrets.

>Apparently, Killians, your posts have affected and upset others on this
>forum.  I apologize to April, who has been kind in voicing her concerns
>over what you write.  I hope you don't start targeting and harassing her
>as a result.

This is another example of how you try to convince folks of our supposed
'harassment'.  It's through your efforts that people are led to believe
this, not by anything we've done.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets