From:
Pam Bos-Hackler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:50:46 -0600
Hi Ferret Folks,

I just had to post about the new ~6 Y.O. cinnamon girl I received last
weekend. She was an only ferret but now gets to share her space with
three other fur kids. :-)

However, she came to me sorta skinny (really bad food) with dirty ears,
long claws, and missing some fur. It is the fur which I am concerned
about. She appears to be adrenal although the hair loss is not the
typical pattern (thinning on her back) but she does have a swollen
vulva. I was thinking about waiting to see if her condition reverses
itself after being placed in our home which we provide a totally dark
cycle for the ferrets and high quality food. I'm thinking she may have
just been really stressed. But what I really wanted to rant about was
the TWO types of FUNGUS (black mold and fuzzy green) I found in her
water bottle. I just want to say to these people "C-mon! all you had
to do was put the bottle in the dishwasher! No animal should live like
this." Ya know? I'm sure anyone else who has rescued a ferret has delt
with something similar...just had to get that off my chest. Also, they
named her "Fella"...did they not know she is a female??????? We changed
her name to "Bella".

Thanks for Listening,

Pam and the Fantastic Fuzzy Four...Jack and Jill, Houdini, and now
BELLA!!