From:
Nemecheks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:49:25 -0600
Just wanted to reply in reguards to the comments about using dye on a
ferret.  First when using manic panic or any cream coloring paste, it's
not really even dying your hair.  It's just temp coloring that washes out
clean (after awhile).  Manic Panic is very safe.  It takes forever to wash
out, but I have used it on my self (black and bright red) and it doesn't
smell like anything.  It's not like your typical clairol, it doesn't leave
a root line in your hair after your hair grows out.  it will eventually
wash out, it just takes along time.  It doesn't have ammonia or bleach or
anything harmful.  It's basically a think paste you rub into your hair for
a few seconds (not more than 5 minutes, at least on my blonde hair) and
rinse out.  It has no odor and washed out clean after quite a few washes.
Yes you could use kool-aid or bingo dobbers, but if it's color you are
going after, manic panic stands out strong, the longest.  If it makes any
of you feel better, I colored my 3 yr. old son's hair purple with the
same stuff, so I know it's safe.

And if the person who dyed it green wants it out....good luck... I found
it just takes time to wait for it to wash out.  Or you could color over
it with white to make it some what less noticable.

Another good coloring that I love is called "spike it".  You can get it at
Sally's beatuy supply.  it's hair cement that comes in colors and washes
out after one wash.  So, you could used that and leave it in for a few
days (ferrets don't need a bath daily), and then wash it out.  It is hair
cement so yes, that means you can spike the hair as well.  (basically
colored hair gel) They have purple, green, yellow, red, black, etc.  I
used the Green on my one year old who more or less has white hair, and
it washed out the very next day, with no residue.  You can't tell it was
ever colored.  Good luck!

Jessica
Nikki (still her natural color)