From:
PatAndrews428 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:27:16 +0000
Hi, Wolfy!

My three DMK girls are now a little over 5 (two are 5 years 3 months
and one is 5 years 1 month) old. They were spayed shortly after I got
them--maybe 2 months before the whole rescue started. Since there last
fun match I noticed that two of them seem to be somewhat losing their
muscle tone. One girl has always been significantly lighter in weight
than the other two. When I had my hip replacement just before the
Conference in Pittsburgh I knew where to go for care for these girls
who at that point still did some serious nipping when startled. Barb
Carlson's shelter, Hide-E-Hole. If you came to the dinner Renee hosted
at Barb's shelter you may have met me and my threesome. I was sitting
on the floor by their cage the whole evening and would occasionally
get one out to prove to them I was still around and still loved them.

At the fun match at our club's Spring picnic, MoonShadow and Cassie,
took 1st and 2nd in Senior and 2nd and 3rd in DEW/Albino. It seemed
like Cassie knew something was up because her significantly yellowed
coat turned white for the first time ever (and has since again turned
yellow). Mindy took first in Mutt. To top it off they were all very
well behaved after they settled down in their playpen.

There have been no signs of either adrenal or insulinoma. I am
fanatical about feeding them high quality, grainless food . . . and a
mouse or chick every day. They have beautiful teeth! At the conference
I commented on my lack of seeing insulinoma even in seniors and the
vets said it was probably the food. It's been worth every penny when
you think how much we shell out for surgeries or meds for these
conditions. They are, of course, worth every penny, but it's much more
gratifying to spend it on beautiful new cages and those chicks and
mice they fight over even when they all have one!

I will be eagerly awaiting other reports on the DMK kids.

Pat