From:
Don Kirby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:25:29 -0800
Happy Holidays to all!

My number of ferrets is growing.  Two weeks ago, I received a call from
someone who got my phone number from a nearby humane society.  I left my
number there when I was looking for a friend for Misty.  These folks had
two ferrets that there son brought with him when he moved after his
divorce.  Daisy is a silver female around 1yr old and Snoopy is a marked
dark-eyed white around the same age.  They are in good health and were
well cared for, before he moved to his parents.  They are not MF ferrets,
no tattoos.  They are adjusting nicely, but are still aggressive with my
other fuzzies.

Yesterday, I received another call from some college guys.  They had a
ferret that needed a home ASAP.  They said the humane society wouldn't take
it and if I didn't they were going to turn him loose in a parking lot!  I'm
in PA, YES it's cold.  They didn't know what sex the ferret was or much of
anything.  Johnnie is a very handsome silver color male with panda type
markings.  He has the ear tattoes, so I guess he's a MF.  According to the
story, he lived in the dorm, until someone found him, then the guys off
campus took him and the landlord found out.  He's not litter trained at
this point and has a rather broken down plastic cage.  He was on cedar
shavings, eating cheap cat food and lebanon bologna and smells like
cigarette smoke.  He was very nervous last night but seems better today.
He's enjoying his fuzzy hammock and sleep sack, but still not eating.  He
is drinking and pooping though.  I promised my hubbie I would try to find a
home for him....well maybe.  I get very attached to the fuzzbutts.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Cindy, Misty, Fred, George, Babie, Daisy, Snoopy, and Johnnie!