Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:13:05 -0700
Dear Jeff,
Your heartfelt honesty is very welcome on the FML, I hope noone flames
you for your post.  I do agree with you that the current lifestyle of
these ferrets is not ideal.  Because your daughter has asthma, perhaps
finding them a new home is what's best and if that's the case, I wish
you luck.

That being said... if the ferrets do not bother your daughter's asthma,
might I suggest attempting to keep them and give them a more appropriate
lifestyle?  Are the ferrets in their own room?  If so, why not give them
playtime just in that room?  Can you make some sacrifices so that you can
give them 1 - 2 hours of playtime?  When you adopted these ferrets, it
was supposed to be for life.  They depend on you for everything.

The reason I have posted this is because it seems lately that there is an
ENORMOUS amount of unwanted ferrets.  Everywhere I turn there are ferrets
in shelters, humane societies, and posted on every list immaginable.
Either you make the sacrifice to keep the ferrets or someone else will
make it by adopting them, although the chance of someone wanting 7 ferrets
is very little.  I'm just being totally honest here and this is not meant
in any way to flame you or condemn you for what you're doing.  Please
consider everything and good luck.

Vicky