From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:35:33 -0400
Andrea,
The problem is SUPLY & DEMAND.  This is why the shelter & rescues are
over run with Marshall Farms ferrets.  Yes, they are one of the biggest
Ferret Mills in the USA and it is because of "US", the CONSUMER that
our rescues & shelters are being over run with surrenders.  If people
looking for a ferret to add to their family would go to Ferret Rescues,
Shelters & Small Private Breeders instead of the dreaded Pet Shops,
there would probably be less homeless ferrets in this country.

I am a ferret rescue, and I would love to see the CONSUMER put the ferret
mills like Marshall Farms out of Buisness.  If people would stop buying
their ferrets from Pet Shops and went to the ferret rescue/shelters and
small private breeders instead, there would probably be less ferrets in
our rescues/shelters.  I have been boycotting MF for years, I WILL NOT
buy any of their products to suport their greedy company.

My HOPE & WISH is that people will see this and act on it.  As a matter
of fact, I would love to see it become ILLEGAL for Pet Shops to sell
ferrets, PERIOD!  I know this is a "DREAM", but it's "MY DREAM" and I
would love to see it come true some day.  Untill the Consumer tells the
ferret mills NO MORE, we will be constantly having ferrets surrenderd
to the rescue/shelters.  The other key is EDUCATION.  If people would
do more research about ferrets (or any other animal) before buying one,
maybe there would be less ferrets in our rescue and shelter system.

Debi and the Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue & Halfway House