From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:45:12 -0800
>If vets in CA treat ferrets, and some seem to be public about this-- if
>a website is up, what would stop the local legal dept from coming in and
>confiscating any they find?

Not all vets in CA will treat ferrets.  It is difficult to find one who does
and is knowledgeable.  There is nothing I know of to stop the local legal
dept(DFG) from coming in and confiscating any ferrets they find.  So, I'm
taking a chance every time I take my ferrets in for treatment.(One of my
ferrets is currently being treated for mast cell tumors.)

CA is a screwy place to live if you are a ferret lover.  Some vets are
licensed to treat ferrets in CA and there are websites.  Many pet stores
sell a full line of ferret products.  Don't be fooled, ferrets are still
illegal in CA and can be confiscated, so please be careful with your
fuzzies.

[KS]