From:
Alison Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:15:35 -0400
Hi All,

I am in Miami, FL and fortunately Rita has caused no damage to my
property, myself nor my four-legged babies (2 ferrets, 2 cats).

I am able to assist in fostering if there is anyone nearby who was not so
fortunate.

Alison

>Date:    Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:34:07 -0700
>From:    Jen B <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hurricane victims and ferret people in Florida PLEASE check in!
>
>Calling everyone out there in Florida and along the Gulf Coast, and those
>who have been displaced by Katrina . . . . In response to the additional
>hurricanes that have cropped up in the SE areas over the past several
>days, I'm very concerned about both ferret shelters and individual ferret
>owners that remain and may be getting slammed - particularly in Florida,
>since it's in such a vulnerable area of the storms' path.

So to all of you who have been or have the potential of being affected
by ANY of the hurricanes, would you PLEASE, PLEASE consider doing a
"check-in" and posting SOMETHING - anything - on the FML letting "us"
know how you're doing and if you have any needs that anyone can assist
with directly.  I can't speak for anyone else but I, for one, would have
more peace of mind if I knew everyone out there was OK and knew who still
had needs and specifically what those needs are.

And if YOU know of someone who has been affected but who doesn't have
access to a computer or internet services, would YOU post on that
person's behalf?  Even though I'm practically a million miles away from
the affected areas (in Seattle), I'd still like to help those in need as
best I can from here.

Thanks so much for everyone's continued support and assistance!

Jennifer and the dynamic duo, Sasha & Snowball  :-)