Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:48:09 -0500
Hi guys!! I got a phone call from a friend of mine whose 9 year old
ferret wasn't responding to Lupron and Melatonin treatments anymore.
Apparently her vet has started to use Arimidex in ferrets like this
which she says seems to be helping. I started researching it and found
that Arimidex is used for post-menopausal women and breast cancer
patients. It has to be compounded as it comes in tablet form. After
dwelling further I actually found it to be a treatment for adrenal
disease in ferrets! ( thanks to Google). Well, this is the first time
I am hearing about it with all the Internet searching about diseases
in ferrets and knowledge I thought I had!

So, I wanted to post about this very cool find ( for me) and see if
anyone else in the ferret community has heard about this treatment,
or even used it for that matter. It's good to know about this for the
little ones that aren t responding to one treatment and have an option
for another.

Remember to visit our 1st raffle at:
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/fallraffle.htm

Kimba