From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:12:31 EDT
I've had the same exact experience as Anne in Chicago with one of my
ferrets over the years.  Our very healthy ferret seemed to have "hard
seasons" and then he got a very bad case of Helicobactor and ulcers one
year.  He's not been right since.  In fact, oddly enough, every fall he
goes on this downward spiral.  In between there are small bouts that we
are able to get him to bounce back quicky from by handfeeding him bland,
but highly pumped up versions of duck soup.  Sadly for him each fall,
when he's hit hard ... it get's worse and worse and worse.  This year,
right now in fact, we are in deliberation about how long to wait until
we euthanize this baby if he continues downward as he is NOT bouncing
back for the first time this time around.  He is five and a half.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com