From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:10:59 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Let me begin by thanking everyone who has contacted us, sent emails and
stopped by (especially Ilena, on CHRISTMAS!).  I'm sorry if I don't get
back to you as quickly as I'd like, but I don't have the time I'd like to
properly thank everyone.  I am not trying to be rude, I'm just very busy.

The ferrets are settling in, and all seem very happy to be in a home
where they are getting some time out of their cages, clean water, food and
bedding.  They're still sort of in "shock", the younger ones do play and
dook, but the older ones still aren't acting very ferrety.  I'm sure in
time they will realize that they can.

We had a reporter from our local paper contact us today, and came by for
an interview.  I gave him Anne's contact information as well, as they have
another branch of the same publisher for a local paper up in her area.  As
soon as I have the link for the article online, I will post it.

I have added a page with some of our new shelter guests, and hope to have
it completed by tomorrow evening.  I ran out of time tonight.  You can see
them at www.kistaferret.com/xmasrescue/newferrets.html

And if things weren't bad enough, the other day my electricity went OUT
completely due to a junction box outside zapping out when ice hit it.  The
wiring in my house is a million years old and has never been very reliable
to start with.  (I still have those old screw in glass fuses, if that gives
you an idea)  I have it rigged up for a temporary solution so that I have
heat and lights in most but not all of the house (the ferrets are warm, but
my bedroom however is cold and dark).  But, it is safe, and it is working
in the ferrets room and the living room (where the overflow of ferrets
are).  Big fun.

Please if anyone is an electrician or could get an electrician to donate or
reduce the cost of his time it would be a miracle to get this house
rewired.  I am trying to get a secondhand washer and dryer as it takes me
several hours and over $30.00 just to do the ferrets laundry at the
Laundromat every week.  As the house is wired now it can't handle a washer
or a dryer.  Right now food and medical care is more important than heat
and lights in my bedroom, but please if anyone can help with this it would
make a big difference.  I would also be willing to donate Stan as a helper,
since he does know the basics of electrical stuff, but not enough to redo
the whole house without me worrying that it would be a firetrap.

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate all the help, and friendship.

kim
www.kistaferret.com