Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:54:51 -0500
Some of you might remember me posting to the list about the PetLand pet
store in an Austin mall.  The baby kits were kept in bad condition (filthy
cages, dirty bottoms, overcrowded, et al), and the manager was unconcerned
when I pointed out that the conditions were unhealthy.  I wasn't sure who
to contact, so I called the SPCA and the Humane Society.  This was a few
months ago.

I was at the mall yesterday, and I stopped to talk to an employee in a
department store.  I told him I was going to the pet store to check on the
ferrets, and he said, "You can't.  It's not there anymore.  The pet store
is gone."

Now, I don't know if it was people complaining or just a routine change
(the store has been there forever, though), or some kind of karma.  All
that matters is that there's one less store keeping kits in bad conditions.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("I came from a REPUTABLE pet
  store.")