Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 12:45:59 -0500
To: Anon  (Posted Feb. 7th)
My fuzzies always come when called by their names. Each time I call them (prov
iding they mind me) they get a treat. I only call them when it's time to go
back in their cage or if I find them way too quiet!
My babies are extremely active and have free run of our home 6 to 8  hours a
day. That's split into 2 hour sessions 3 to 4 times.They all are very
talkative so when they get quiet they are usually getting into something not
allowed. What treats? Chunks of fresh veggies or fruit. Honey-nut cherrios
and of course Raisins work well all the time. They know the names of the
treats and I can usually just ask them if they want some and they'll come
running every time.
Do they play fetch? Yes! Although they get really upset because everytime I ca
tch them trying to run past me and rehide their toy, they'll stop and
threaten me, dance in funny circles and then will go find where I threw it.
The way to do this is to sit between where you are throwing the toy and where
their favorite hiding place is. Make the game short (only 4 or 5 times) or
else they will take it to a new place out of frustration. It's part of our
daily routine now. They usually forgive me if I give them a treat and ignore
them for a while (at least until next time). They have gotten to the point
where they tease me more than I tease them. You can tell when they are
laughing because they won a round. They dance sidways, flip summersaults and
chatter funny squeeky sounds. Each one has their own personality but this
game is enjoyed by all. If their Dad (my husband) is home.....he doesn't
tease them so they'll try to take their toys to him for protection. It's prett
y funny to watch.
I guess I got carried away and rattled to long. Sorry about that but I love
telling stories about them.
Until next time,
Stinkey, Brandy, Rascal and their Mama.