From:
Benny Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:25:03 -0500
To Ferret Mommy and anyone else who has had success curbing biting without
any other means but patience and love.  I brought my Sammy home when he
was 9-10 weeks old.  He had been returned to a small pet store because he
bit too much.  Kits will bite, ya know!  But I must admit, he was biting.
I had always sensed that he was abused while with his first family.
Anyway, for the first few months little Sammmy boy spent a lot of time in
time out.  That's it, time out, praise when he didn't bite, and TONS of
kisses from Mom.

To make a long story short, Today 3 years later, my big boy Sammy Man is
only known to nip at an ankle when he wants you to play with him.  He
gets a reminder,NO, NO, NO BITE!!  and thats it.  This "vicious beast"
that someone returned is now a very sweet and precious boy who always has
kisses for his Mama.  I hold him up to my face and ask him., :"do you have
kisses for Mama?"  He never lets me down.  He is a ladies man as he lives
with 4 girls(Maybe that's why he's such a love!!!) Anyway, Sammy is furry
proof that biting can be tamed with love and patience.

Sue & Crew

Princess, Tori, Oscar, Sammy & Nikki
Watching from the bridge, Smokey, Bandit, Boots, Samantha, and precious,
tiny Lucky(Hope Sandee's teaching you all of the wacky weasel ways!!!)

If it feels like home, it's the FML!!

--- Sue Pyron
--- Benny Pyron