From:
chelle schlake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:03:50 +0000
HMMMMMMMMM  Now Karen I respect what you do.  And I do understand what
side of the tracts you are sitting on to en extent.  I also do not need
paper work where I live.  Does that make it Illegal.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
it most Ceratinly does not.

I have spoken to pretty much every one in my county and in my state
reaguarding my rescue home.  I call it a rescue home because I HATE
the word shelter.  My home is THEIR home.  And not just the ferrets,
to my dog to my cat and to my lizards.  Also I do not have my papers to
be considered a TRUE Non-Profit organization.  First of all it is not
exactly cheap, and even if it was it is far from easy to obtain as most
of you know, and even if it was it takes quite a while to get it all said
and done.  Am I trying?  sure I am.  That doesnt make me not legit nor
any one else out there who is not 501 (c) 3 yet.

So Karen Makes bedding to support her rescue efforts.  SO what.  I am
starting to do that myself.  Why on earth does that bug so many people.
I am sorry but knocking on business doors in the nearest town or in your
town as saying hi i rescue ferrets would you sponsor them and pay for
them to live and be happy IS NOT an option lol sorry.  So 99% of us who
do it, who plan our lives around these furries must start thinking of
ways to fundraise and make their ends meet our selves.  Do you know
Karen?  Those of you that so to speak that kind of made her feel like
ferret poo.  Do you know her?  No you dont, never met her!!!!  You have
never seen where that money goes, never seen how she is with her ferrets
or how hard she fights for them.  Do all rescue shave to work the same?
Does everyone have to have the same medical history as well.  That did
upset me and make me very dissapointed when i saw that it was said that
her medical history so to speak made her unfit.  I have medical problems.
I have enough of them to make me pray for relief.  And if your realy that
nosey or if it truly lights a fire under ones bumm that i didnt say whats
wrong with me send me a private email and ill tell you because personally
this is about the ferrets NOT some ones health.  Tell me what part of
having medical problems make you unfit to LOVE and NURTURE.  I mean
realy.

I may be new to this list, But new to ferrets well i think i was suppose
to be born a ferret lol.  I am far from new with them.  I didnt join the
list sooner because i am a very busy person and on so many other lists
for many different animals and I homeschool myself currently so i didnt
want my mail box with anymore until i got my second computer and this is
set up now for this type of stuff and my lap top is strictly for school
and business.  So i just finally got to join but boy I tell ya, I was
very dissapointed with what I saw.  Now I do see alot of kind people on
here dont get me wrong I sure do.  But wow judging, questioning whether
some one is true or real or legit just because they are different.  Or
because they do something you dont or dont consider to be your way of
things.  As far as the debate on what is a shelter and what is a rescue,
well personally I have looked up on this and the various different
definitions I have seen.  Maybe one states definition is different from
anothers.  I have lived in many many states and one is not always like
the other.  So there are are two choices people can make they can either
A learn to agree to disagree or they can learn to accept the fact that
places are different and accept and respect the difference.  Otherwise
sadly things are in a bad sort.  People fight and argue.  Is this realy
what this list should be about.  When i saw some one say that another
person wa sleaving because she was running and not standing up or
whatever OH COME ON, heck being bashed and felt like the pooooo would
make you say "ya know i dont realy need this either".  Thats a common
and respect reaction.  No one should have to stand that type of "abuse".
And yes I say abuse.  Everyone shoudl be allowed to speak their mind and
not be trashed for it.  And yes some times people make subcontious errors
in what they say.  It is called a Brain Toot.  Heck I do it.  I will stay
on this list a little bit longer because I do enjoy the good things I
read.  But i do understand oen thing, this list is not being a ferret
lover, owner, rescuer and all else that implies, all of that is the next
room all cuddled and warm and snug and sound.  This list is mean for a
support, to make everlasting firends who share your desire, your love,
your passion and your respect for ferrets.  But it does sadden me to see
a girl with the same love and passion and desires as the rest of us
besically get a cyber slap and told what she was told.

I hate to go on a soap box I also hate to be so harsh.  But this stung me
like a sworm of bees and me covered in honey.  After all this is about
the Ferrets and not some popularity contest over we are legit and your
not.  No one has the right to say whether ones love or passion is legit
or real unless you ever see her hit harm neglect or any of that sort of
a ferret in her care.  ok im don with my soap box and my point here is
we should try to have a little bit more respect, and i am not saying
everyone but then again i am not saying no one.

Chelle and the gang