From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:49:40 -0400
I usually try to keep my posts light, but somehow I find I just can't keep
my mouth shut any longer!  I guess I'm just tired of listening to the high
and mighty pet owners on this list who are perfect!  Lord knows I am not
and I have to ask myself, should I even own pets?  I know I have entirely
too many and should my fortunes change unexpectedly, I'd be in a real
pickle, but which one should I not have taken?  The horse?  Beautiful
mare-only 12 years old.  Had a leg injury and was being sent to meat!  I
happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time-no I couldn't really
afford her much less have a place to keep her, but it was me or glue!!!  I
took her knowing full well I may not beable to keep her, but I figured it
was better than where she was headed!  The goat?  Right!  He's the one I
should have let pass!  His bladder was about to rupture and he was JUST a
goat so the owner said KILL HIM!!  Wrong place-wrong time!  Two surgeries
and $700.00 later, I have a goat who loves me!  Best friends with the
horse!  No wait-it was the hedgehog!!  He had no quills left on his body at
all!!!  Wrong place-wrong time!!  I happened to be in the pet store when
the woman brought him in!  She didn't buy him here, but the place she did
buy him wouldn't take him back and she could not afford the vet bills!  It
was me or a slow painful death!  Gee, tough choice!!  I could go on- bird
with broken wing, blind degu, rat with cancer..... No!  I can't afford all
this stuff-financially or emotionally!  But I can only ask myself what
would have happened to them if I hadn't come along?  I can't bear to think
about it!  I whole heartedly agree with not taking more than you can
handle-but if a ferret-or any other animal came along tomorrow that really
needed me, I don't believe I could turn it down!  The girl who is faced
with having to part with hers, should not be stomped on-she should be
commended!  Lord knows she tried!  And it sounds like she tried her best-
MAYBE HER BEST ISN'T AS GOOD AS YOURS!!  But she sounds like a good-hearted
loving soul who did her best!  Several of her ferrets were adoptees!!  If
she was able to give these guys a loving home and make even just a short
time of their life safe and comfortable-then I say, "you go, girl!!" So
as politely as I can say this-some of you need to wake up to the real
world-it's not perfect!  As for being in the wrong place at the wrong
time-sorry, but it was right for the animal and right for me and even
though I have way too many mouths to feed, if one more comes along, he's
welcome here and I will do what I can for as long as I can!  So to
Dawn-delete the as*****s and hang in there!!  Maybe good things will happen
yet!  And to the high and mighty-flame away!!  The push of a button and
you're gone!

DELLA and the TUMBLEWEEDS
Tyson and Einstein
EmmyLou, Howie, Yoda, Peach, UB, Dude, Tiggerr, Piggy, Pooter, Hedgie,
Mousie, Bonzo, Alfie and BIG FISH!!