From:
Erika Vinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:51:53 -0400
Now that the government has activated up to 50,000 of our reserve troops,
with more to follow probably, I would like to offer my home as a temporary
home to any ferret that needs a place to stay while mom or dad or both
need to be away.

I live in southern Indiana, close to Louisville, KY.  Fort Knox is about
45 minutes from me.

If anyone needs to find a temp home for their ferrets, or knows of anyone,
in this area, please know that your kids will be safe and loved here.

I would ask for a list of the food they eat - all mine are on TF, and
treats they like and are allowed - raisins flow pretty freely around here.
Also, for a medical record.  Should anything arise where medical attention
is needed - I will, of course, make every attempt to get to your vet.
Emergency situations will go to my vet at Shively Animal Clinic in
Louisville KY, in whom I have the utmost confidence.  I don't like to
paint the devil on the wall, so to speak, but I think it is necessary to
be prepared.

I have 11 yrs experience with these guys, and experience with the big 3
diseases - adrenal, lympho, and insulinoma.

I can drive to pick up within the radius of Indianapolis, Lexington,
Nashville and Evansville.  If anyone is in need - please call
812-738-8262.  I am generally home by 5:00p EST, but have an answering
machine, if time is not convenient.

Peace
Erika
The FuzzButt Hut Ferret Rescue