Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 08:32:28 -0500
Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I have posted, and I am sure most of you on
the list don't remember me!!  That's OK I prefer to lurk.

However, today I have a question.  My little Thelma is going in for an
ultrasound this week and I just wanted to know if anyone has had any
experience with ferrets and ultrasounds?  My vet is being really good in
that he is saying he has never seen one done and he will try it (can't hurt)
and if it doesn't work then I don't have to pay for it!!  Pretty good deal
as far as I am concerned.

The reason for the ultrasound is because my little Thelma has an adrenal
tumor.  Now, my vet went in for surgery in November and he couldn't find the
tumor and all her other little organs looked great.  So, instead of trying
to put her through surgery again first, we are trying to see if we can at
least locate it and then go and remove it.

My second question is this: Ever since Thelma started going bald and
displaying symptoms of having the tumor, she is extremely aggressive towards
Louise.  (her sister).  Does anyone have any experience in having this
happen and hopefully they will work it out when she has her tumor removed?
Also, someone posted a while ago and I had asked them a question and they
never got back to me on letting them fight it out.  How much should I let
them fight?  I have never had to witness ferrets fighting for dominance or
hierarchy so I am not too sure exactly what I should do - any thoughts would
be great....

thanks a lot,

marion, jd oscar, and thelma and louise