From:
Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:34:34 -0500
>I have been researching ferret food.  I have been told corn is not good
>as an ingredient because ferrets do not digest corn.
>
>I am trying to get a list of ferret foods that do not contain corn.  So
>far, The FerretStore, 8-in-1 Ultimate and Totally Ferret seem to be
>without corn.

I went through literally months of vet visits and meds trying to find a
solution to the stomach problems my kids were having (one so severe she
was actually passing blood on a regular basis) before coming to the
conclusion that corn was to blame.  Once all foods containing corn were
removed from the diet the problems cleared immediately and have not since
returned.

I now feed Zupreem, 8 in 1 Ultimate, and Chicken Soup For The Kitten
Lovers Soul (a kitten kibble suitable for Ferrets).  In addition to the
TFS brand (which my kids don't seem to care for), these are the only
Kibbles (either Ferret or Cat/Kitten) that I have been able to find that
do not contain any form of corn.

FYI: Totally Ferret contains cornmeal, which as the names suggests, is a
form of corn.

--
Karen McCabe ~aka~ Cinnamon Sprite
Website: http://www.cinnamonsprite.net