From:
"Ed Crist Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 12:36:47 EDT
I will commen on the following:

>From:    Sue Selby <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ADV/AFA
>
>I agree with the AFA's stance on proof of negative tests in known ADV
>households.  I do not believe the Hertzogs are being singled out.  Yes
>Shirley did bring this out into the open.  But why is she so afraid of
>showing her test results.  I was in NC last year when this all came to
>light.  Shirley said she had one rescue and one of her own die of ADV.
>She also dumped the rescues.  Now she is saying none of her ferrets were
>positive.  When people started boycotting her ferrets her story changed.
>The AFA did not do this she did it to herself.  If the AFA required me to
>bring proof I would.  What is she hiding?  I have nothing to gain by
>making this post.  I just think it's time to tell the truth.  By the way,
>why don't Clarence and Shirley subscribe to the FML.  I want to protect
>my babies don't you!  You decide.

As I work at the rescue myself I know of no such insident on ADV where they
had to put to sleep any ferrets with ADV in them.  Your story is somewhat
mixed up.  The slamming going on about WarmFuzzy or the Hertzogs is nothing
more than childish attacks on a nice couple that did or is doing nothing to
hurt but help the ferret community.  If you would open your mind and read
all the up to date books by doctors on any of the illnesses you will find
you are barking up the wrong tree.

With all the tests in the world you WILL NOT know if the ferret contracted
the desease after the test.  You will also lose participents to the shows
and push any person away that cannot aford the testing in the first place.
We now know that depending on the test you have done will give you
different outcomes one time neg and the next pos.  Is AFA going to policize
the correct test to give?  Are they more knowledgeable than the doctors we
all deal with?  I think not.  If the doctors can't come up with the answer
how can a layman?

More to follow and if the spelling is not right try it anyway.

I also want to comment on the leaving out of info when singleing people
out.

It was said by #6 unknown from Vickie"s FML that Shirley did not show her
medical records for the ferrets.  First of all WarmFuzzy was not in the
ferret show area they were in the expo part.  Second they were not asked
for the papers stated by #6 but they always carry them for what ever
ferrets they bring with them and had them at the show.  If things are
mentioned against people they should know who to confront so if you put a
bad comment in have the name with it.

Happy Flat Ferreting Ed Sr., Potto, Fuzzy, & Samantha Crist