From:
Nicole Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:42:38 -0500
I have a little 5 month old MF female, Daisy, who is...well, a little
nippy.  However, I don't believe she does it out of fear or nastiness.
When she does nip, it is usually on a finger or a toe or some other place
she can get a firm, but gentle grip and (here's what I don't understand)
she tries to drag me away!  Almost as if to take me to something.  I have
tried to find out where she wants me to go, but it is usually to a place
I just can't fit.  I think she just wants to hide me in her little
hidey-hole.  Long story short, I don't mind it when it happens to me, but
I don't want to encourage it either, since anyone else who may play with
her may not find it as tolerable as I do.  When she gets a hold on my
finger, I will use my thumb and whatever finger she's got and hold her
jaw firmly, but gently and sternly say NO!  and ask for kisses instead.
It usually works for the moment, but she always comes back and does it
again.  I am flattered that she finds me enough of a treasure to add to
her hidey-hole, but I can't let her think it is OK for her do this to
other people.  My other MF female, Silly has never done anything like
this and is a complete angel.  Any suggestions?

Nicole, Daisy and Silly