From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:09:19 -0500
I recently took my youngest, new addition, to the vet.  She was purchased
at a store that advertised they sell Marshall ferrets, and I was given
Marshall ferret guarantee paperwork with her as well.  I also noticed she
does not have any tattoos on her ears.  The vet is wondering if she is
really a Marshall ferret.  Any thoughts?

If she is not a Marshall ferret, should I be concerned about her not
being decented, and especially altered?  At what age should I be looking
for signs of her going into heat?  I am guessing that she's at least
decented, because while she has slightly more of an odor than my other
three, I've smelled an undescented ferret, and they're not even close.

I did notice that the place I purchased her from, RMS Aquaculture in
Willoughby, OH is not listed as a nearby store that sells Marshall
ferrets, but that Pet Supplies Plus (Mentor, OH) where I purchases my
other three from is, and the three I purchased at PSP all have tattoos.

Also, at what age are Marshall ferrets decented and altered?

Alayne Avery