From:
MISS YAKIRI S ROOKSTOOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 00:41:36 -0500
Hello all!

I've been lurking on the FML for four or five months now, preparing myself
and my roommate for life with a ferret I'm happy to say that yesterday I
brought home a healthy MF sable boy, eleven weeks old.  He's adorible.  :)

I got him at a delightful pet store.  I was more than a bit hesitant to go
there, after hearing all the horror stories about pet stores, but this place
was great!  They had their fuzzies in a nice wire cage, with no cedar chips,
plenty of food and water, and several happy ferrets.  They gave my baby boy
his second shot and trimmed his nails for me (and told me to come back if I
need help trimming them next time) and went over care instructions for him,
as well as giving me a vet who specializes in fuzzies, with my first visit
free!

Anyway, I do have a few questions about my new arrival.  First of all, when
Remy (that's his name) first wakes up, he doesn't seem to have much
coordination or strength in his legs.  Is he just groggy or is something
wrong?  After he wakes up fully, he's jumping around and war dancing.
Except when he's running downstairs.  He folds up his front legs and sort of
"slithers".  It's a bit disturbing to watch.

i'm sorry I've rambled on so long (i'm just so excited to get my new
friend!).  I must thank you all for the wonderful advice and stories you've
shared that encouraged me to get my little fuzzy.

I look forward to sharing Remy's misadventures with you!

-Yakiri, Remy, and the grouchy cat, Meph.