From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:41:05 -0500
November 2009
Master Largo's News
Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: So Suzzzzzzzzzzz we have a ton of things to tell in the
news this month, we are already late on the date to get it out; so I
am going to start the news and get this ball... Umm I mean news letter
going!

Suzie Q: STOP THAT! It is Suzie or Suzie-Q

Possum here: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! So did you know the giving tree is up
and running, and there are lots and lots of fur kids on there from all
over the world from all different shelters?
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com/
Mum even put some of us on the tree BUT not you and me! What is up
with that?

Suzie Q: Possum you are such a "ME" ferret, the tree is for shelter
ferrets that DO NOT have a family or a sponsor; you and I both have a
sponsor matter of fact I believe I heard mum say you have TWO sponsors
so quit your complaining. You get such preferential treatment that I
don't think you should even have sponsors!

Possum here: Well look at the big words you are using, what dictionary
do you have stuffed in your hammock? Does mum know you have her
Language Master? Do you even know what that word means?

Mum here: Okay ladies we do have a lot of news to cover so I would like
this bickering to stop. Get the news started and let's keep it going

Suzie Q: Okay mum! We will get it going, we had some real excitement
here a few Saturday's ago this is what happened:
Mum got up at 4 (she slept in a 1/2 hour) she got night kids to bed;
morning kids up to start rotations. When mum opened the basement door
to toss the day before; late afternoon dirty laundry to the laundry
room she heard water. That is not a good thing in our basement! So mum
flipped the lights on and there is water coming down from the basement
ceiling, Mum went running down the stairs and found the mixer (I have
no idea; that is what mum says it is called) had sprung a leak and it
was spewing water in an arc hitting the ceiling beams making it look
like it was coming from the ceiling.

Mum said we had water all over the place, Mum turned off the main valve
the water does not stop; she turned off another valve it still does not
stop. Mum had no more things to turn off so she called the plumber that
put this thing in just a week ago, at 4:40 am. Mum had to leave a
message on both his cell and home phone because who is up trying to
do laundry at 4:30 am except our mum?

At 4:45 our phone rings. The plumber asks what did mum turn off? Mum
tells him all the things she did but water is still pouring all over
the basement!

He says did you flip the pump breaker?

HUH? Mum's brain is thinking that is electric this is water but she
says; I don't know do I have one? Hang on let me go look.

Yup sure enough we have a pump breaker so she flips that off. When she
came up stairs it was still raining in our basement. Mum says she hopes
it is just because of the pressure in the silly thing called a mixer.
The plumber man got here to fix the thing that broke so now all mum
needs to do is get the basement dry. It is getting there!

Possum here: Hey Suzie-Q save me something to tell! I am going to tell
about Miss Loana S taking mum out birthday shopping. Mum has been
complaining and complaining about wet feet. Every day she goes out in
the morning the grass is wet and then mums feets get wet then they get
cold then mum get really MISERABLE!!!! I mean really UGLY MISERABLE!

Suzie Q: You better be careful Possum!

Possum here: What? Mum does get miserable! I am just telling the truth!
Sooooooo anyway Miss Loana took mum out to buy her some rubber garden
boots to keep her feet dry. She also took mum out for dinner too. HOLD
ON NO; you did not miss mums birthday it is not for 2 more months but
Miss Loana was tired of mum being miserable because her feet were wet
and cold. NOW mum can go out to the yard and/or garden and come back
in with dry warm feet. Thanks Miss Loana for helping us take care of
our mum.

Mum got a report from our web shots site that 894 of you looked at our
pictures. http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2

Miss Iliana came to help mum the Thursday before she left to go on a
vacation trip. I know this because I heard her tell mum. Then Miss
Brie came to help Sunday, Miss Genevieve came that day too!

Suzie Q: One weekend Miss Stephanie had a baby shower for that 2 legged
furless kid she is having, mum was going to go then she had 2 very sick
fur kids she did not dare leave for that long, so she did not get to
go. Miss Donna and Miss Jackie came to help mum, then we had 2 sets of
2 new humans stop by to see us. The first set do not have ferrets the
second set does have ferrets in their home, neither set has come back
or followed though on the adoption process so mum says she guesses they
decided ferrets or more ferrets were not for them. Miss Genevieve and
Miss Mindy came Sunday to help around here.

Miss Jackie was here on Wednesday to help then take Nadia up to see
Doc for a check up, then she took the baby kitty up to be fixed and get
his shots so he could go to his new home. He went to go live with Miss
Genevieve; they fell in love with each other when Miss Genevieve came
here to help. The day Miss Jackie took Sprinkles (Genevieve named kitty
that) she was to pick up a fur kid that Mr Dick and Miss Gail picked up
for mum at Greece Animal Control. Miss Mindy dropped Roger off at our
favorite doc's so Miss Jackie could bring him here. Only Roger never
made it to the shelter, Miss Jackie's Bob fell in love with him so he
is staying to live with Miss Jackie and Mr Bob. Hey Possum did you
know Miss Mindy got our new shopping cart all set up and it is working
MIGHTY FINE! You humans better go see what she did for us. The shopping
cart is now at the top of the page in the dark blue line.
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/>
Thanks Miss Mindy

Possum here: Now me and Suzie have some very serious things to tell
you so you need to pay close attention! Yes we do, good thing you
remembered Possum I forgot about this! Okay so here goes, when mum
sends out raffle information to the shelter cyber lists she uses to
send out our news; she has had some shelter friends ask if it benefits
us here at the shelter. Mum says not directly, however the people that
do the raffles, are our shelter friends and some are moms that have
adopted from mum. Mum feels if she sends out the raffle information
to you guys; it gives you a chance to win things IF YOU WISH to
participate; mum does not expect you too. AND she feels that shelters
struggle so to keep going, to keep us fur kids happy and healthy so if
shelters do not stick together and help each other then who is going
to? So that is why mum will send out raffle information/links to you
for raffles that are being run for other shelters. Mum says we are so
blessed to have so many humans that love and help us she feels we need
to give back to the ferret community. That is just one way mum can do
that.

Well Possum we better close this news, Mr. Big is going to have to
squish this onto the FML if we get it any bigger! So for now have a
great month.

Suzie-Q
Super Snooper Senior Reporter signing off until next month too!
Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>