From:
"Pasquali, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:26:27 -0400
Oh boy.....my friend is having a really bad week.  First his little girl
died Tuesday unexpectantly and now he is having 'The old man' put to
sleep today.  He is suffering from double adrenal and is at the point
where his hind legs are not working properly.  He is way to old to have
surgery.

Here is the story of Pepe: About 5 years ago my friend and I were
roommates.  We started off by trying to have a pet bird, a canary.  Well
after going through 2 birds (we did not know enough about them) he
decided to get a ferret (he previously had one and knew a lot), Mooch.
Then I added Siberia.  Well one night about 3 years ago our neighbor at
the time knocks on our door late at night and says he saw a really weird
rat by the dumpster.  Well we go outside and find Pepe (DEW).  He was
already full grown and had been outside for quite sometime because he was
covered in fleas and ticks.  Right away we bring him inside and bath him
to get rid of the fleas (the ticks being so numerous really grossed us
out).  The next day Pepe was brought to the vet and the vet removed the
ticks and gave him a check-up.  He was surprisingly in good health
despite being undernourished.  Well to make a long story short....he has
lived happily for the past 4 years being OK getting along great with all
the other fuzzies.  We figure he's about 8 or 9 years old and I am glad
we saved him because he brought a lot of joy to everyone.  I know the
person who lost him had to be hurting because he was an extremely
personable ferret loved being held and was never a problem.  He'll now
join his 'granddaughters' Mooch and Siberia at the rainbow bridge and
play and play and play.

Goodbye Pepe!

Dave                            Jason

Cyn                             Poe
Bermuda                         Spaz
Magenta                         Janice
Cheshire                          and
 and                            Mojo-jojo
Bear

Siberia and Mooch waiting patiently at the 'bridge'