Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:36:18 -0700
Sounds like you have a perfectly normal ferret who is trying to play with
you the way he would with other ferrets.  He just needs to be taught that
you have more delicate skin and a different way of playing.

As far as the ferret lunging at your face, wanting to bite nose and chin -
the best advice is to keep him away from your face :)

For any unwanted biting behavior, the best thing to try first is bitter
apple spray (available at most pet stores).  It is a harmless bitter
tasting spray that you can put on your feet, hands, face, etc to deter
the ferret from biting those spots.  And if and when the ferret does bite
you want to immediately scruff him and say no in a stern voice.  If he is
real riled up, short time outs in a small carrier by himself can also
sometimes work.  Just be gentle, but firm and persistent and he will
learn.

Best of luck to you :)

Star

=====
The stars are close and dear and I have joined the brotherhood of the
worlds.  And everything's holy - everything, even me.  (John Steinbeck)
~*~*~
http://foxfoot.tripod.com/