From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 16:49:37 -0400
To those of you following Mira's story and who were so generous when we
needed donations for her care, Mira is now six years old.  In March, she
had one final surgery to try to remove a skin tumor growing where her leg
was amputated.  While it was initially successful, the tumor has come
back, but, the good news is that it is not growing larger.  It does not
appear to be the aggressive cancer we removed with the leg, but a mast
cell tumor that, while it is ugly and sometimes bleeds, is not a threat
to her life.  We cannot remove it; there is simply not enough skin to
cover the hole that would be left if we were to try.  We've decided to
let our little friend be; she has gone through too many surgeries and
medical procedures.  Vanessa (with whom she resides at the shelter) says,
"Mira still loves to sneak into my bedroom and has acquired a bad habit
of pooping on her blankies, which is making bed washing an all too
frequent occurrence, but after all she has suffered, how can you hold it
against her?"

--
Moxie and Nexus the moose, missing Chance